On Street Parking
Metered parking in Downtown Boise is monitored from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. The purpose of on street metered parking is to encourage parking turnover and space availability for the patrons and customers of downtown businesses.
Twenty minutes free!
- Pressing any button on parking meters activates 20 free minutes of parking time. Once customers have received their free minutes they can add coins or use a credit/debit card or a Downtown Boise gift card to purchase additional time, up to 2 hours on some meters. Users must relocate their vehicle after time expires.
- The new parking meters now take Visa and Mastercard payments as well as coins.
- Another pre-pay option now includes the use of Boise Downtown Gift Cards. These can be purchased at downtownboise.org or at the following locations: BSU BroncoShop 778 W Broad Street; Vandal Store 821 W Idaho Street; or stop by the Downtown Boise Association office 101 S Capitol Blvd, ste 203, 2nd floor US Bank Building.
First hour Free Parking
- First Hour Free
- $2.50 per hour following first hour
- Daily Maximum $12
- Weekend Daily Rate Maximum $5 per day
Eastman Garage - 9th & Main
Capitol Terrace Garage - Main & Capitol Blvd
Boulevard Garage - under the Grove Hotel
Myrtle Street Garage - the Hampton Inn Hotel
City Centre Garage - 9th & Front Streets
Grove Street Garage - beside Hotel 43
- After Hours and Customer Assistance is available for garage patrons. Call 336-1068 for help with jump-starting vehicles, an escort to vehicle during nighttime hours, lost vehicle assistance, or a taxi request for those stranded or unable to drive.
- CLICK HERE to view and print a map of all Downtown Parking System Garages.
Monthly parking availability varies between garages, so contact Downtown Boise Public Parking System at 368-7944 to learn about which parking garage will best meet your parking needs and the current rates. Starting in early 2014 new technology is being installed in the garages that will provide flexible pricing and parking options in all public parking garages.
There are more than forty privately owned lots available for public parking in the Downtown Boise area. These lots are operated by The Car Park, Diamond Parking, and Republic Parking Northwest. These companies offer different rates and various monthly parking permit options, and are willing to work with you to come up with solutions that will best meet your parking needs.
Downtown Boise Parking Operators
The Car Park - (208) 336-6597 Diamond Parking - (208) 344-4530 Republic Parking Northwest - (208) 338-1074
Affordable Employee & Residential Parking Options
There are many affordable parking options available to employees and downtown residents. Visit the Employee & Resident Parking page to view a complete list of locations and pricing. In an effort to keep oneet parking available and accessible to business patrons, we encourage you to take advantage of the many affordable offeet parking options for employees.
Commuteride provides ride matching services that can put you in touch with other commuters! Relax and enjoy the ride! Commuteride staff is available to develop an alternative commute plan customized specifically for your business and employees.
- To get started contact Commuteride at 345-POOL or visit commuteride.com
Valley Ride Bus
Employers can purchase bus passes and distribute them directly to employees.
- The Boise monthly passes do not have to be used in a specific month; they are good for 31 days from the day they are first used.
- You can set up a pre-tax account where part of your paycheck is held, before taxes, to purchase your bus pass.
- Current federal tax law allows employers up to $245 in tax-free transit and/or workplace parking benefits to each employee as a normal business expense. Unless Congress takes action, this benefit will drop to $130 a month on January 1, 2014.
To get started, call Rideline Customer Service at 345-7433 or visit valleyride.org for information about bus routes and schedules. To learn more about other transportation options in the region, call 345-7433 or visit rideline.org.
- BSU students can ride the bus for free throughout the year with a valid school ID card sticker. College of Western Idaho students can ride for free during the school year.
The Downtown Public Parking System has bicycle lockers available for lease. They are located in the City Centre and Eastman Garages. Lockers can be rented for $15 per quarter plus a one time refundable $50 deposit. You supply your own lock. Contact Downtown Public Parking at 368-7944 or email@example.com.