Downtown Boise Association Strategic Plan
2012-2016 Strategic Planning Goals
- Maintain a safe, clean and attractive Downtown.
- Support and maintain retail events that bring people into the downtown core for shopping, dining and entertainment.
- Host special events that attract people to downtown Boise creating vibrancy, maintain events that support themselves financially, collaborate with groups to host quality downtown events.
- Create new revenue sources to fund the growing need for programs and services. Stabilize the funding model of the BID.
- Be a member driven organization with effective member input and communications systems. Broaden our outreach to other members of the Boise community with an interest in Downtown. Increase member participation and input into the DBA:
- Be an effective voice for our members by addressing downtown issues and challenges and interact with other governmental agencies that have a role in Downtown issues and events.
- Attract new and diverse businesses, residents and development to downtown Boise, while retaining existing businesses and residents.
- Promote sustainable programs that benefit downtown Boise and encourage alternatives that benefit the environment. Create or endorse programs that can become a catalyst for sustainable initiatives downtown Boise.
- Encourage and promote downtown living.
The full strategic plan can be downloaded in PDF format