Annual Assessment Rate Sheet
|Rate Code||Description||Location||Annual Rate ($)||Basis|
|716||Non-Profit||All||1||ANNUAL Max $250|
|717||Base Rate Retail||All||225||Per year|
|718||Base Rate Commercial||All||100||Per year|
|701||Ground Floor Retail||Core Area||0.2||Per SQFT|
|702||Ground Floor Commercial||Core Area||0.1||Per SQFT|
|703||Other Retail Space (Above Ground or Basement)||Core Area||0.075||Per SQFT|
|704||Other Commercial Space||Core Area||0.06||Per SQFT|
|705||Theaters||Core Area||2||Per seat|
|706||Vacant Space||Core Area||0.05||Per SQFT|
|710||Hotels||Core Area||15||Per ROOM|
|712||Retail Space||Outer Core||0.1||Per SQFT|
|713||Commercial Space||Outer Core||0.05||Per SQFT|
|723||Other Retail Space (Above Ground or Basement)||Outer Core||0.0375||Per SQFT|
|724||Other Commercial Space||Outer Core||0.03||Per SQFT|
|725||Vacant Space||Outer Core||0.025||Per SQFT|
|726||Theaters||Outer Core||1||Per seat|
|727||Hotels||Outer Core||7.5||Per Room|
|714||All Property||Outer Zone||0.04||per $100 assessed Value|
|719||Outer Core Space||Outer Core||0.03||per SQFT|
Assessment is on business owner, except un-leased vacant space and outer zone property, which is an assessment on property owner. Minimum assessment of $15 for 1987 and $25 thereafter.
- Retail businesses are those oriented to public trade (includes restaurants, barber shop, etc.), selling a product including financial products
Outer Core areas are the four areas bordered by:
- Bannock - Front - Capitol - 5th Streets;
- Capitol - 9th - Front - Myrtle Streets; Grove - Idaho -12th - 13th Streets;
- 8th - 10th - State - Jefferson Streets
- Square footage would be total rentable, not depending on use (office, selling, etc.), but according to type of business.
- Below ground-level storage would be exempt from assessment.
- Non-profits (as recognized by I.R.S.) assessed at commercial rate, to a maximum of $250.
- Ground-level means the business opens to the ground level or if inside a building is on the main level.
- Other property in “Outer Core” areas not covered under category (2) above will be assessed at half the rate in the core area.