Mission, Vision & Who We Are
The Downtown Boise Association (DBA) is a non-profit 501(c) 6 Corporation that manages the downtown Boise Business Improvement District (BID) on behalf of the City of Boise. The mission of the DBA is "To be the steward for the operation and promotion of downtown Boise as a clean, safe and vibrant place in which to work, shop, live and play."
Who are Members of the DBA?
DBA members are those that are in the BID that includes the area bounded by 5th, State, 13th and Myrtle Streets.
How is the DBA Funded?
The budget is derived from mandatory BID assessments, events, sponsorships and grants.
What specifically does the DBA do?
- » Services : The DBA manages the Clean Team which cleans and sweeps downtown sidewalks and manages the 400 flower planters located throughout downtown.
- » Events: The DBA organizes downtown events such as Alive After Five , the Exergy Twilight Criterium and the Tree Lighting Celebration. In addition the DBA markets downtown events aimed at the retail sector such as First Thursday, Dine Out Downtown Boise Restaurant Week and Christmas in the City.
- » Marketing: The DBA promotes downtown as a Boise Shopping, Dining, Arts and Entertainment destination through the Downtown Map & Directory, television, radio and print advertising throughout the year. The DBA manages a comprehensive gift card program aimed at both general public distribution and employer incentive programs. In addition the DBA promotes downtown through social marketing on Facebook and Twitter.
- » Communication: The DBA supports and maintains a web site located at www.downtownboise.org and sends out a weekly email to members with "need to know" information about downtown happenings.
- » Advocacy: The DBA is recognized by Boise City Council as the primary advocate for downtown Boise , which enables the DBA to take leadership roles in downtown issues that impact the Downtown core.
- »Business Development: The DBA works with the City of Boise , Capital City Development Corporation and the Boise Valley Economic Partnership to promote Downtown Boise to interested parties.
Download the DBA 2012 Annual Report [3.4 MB]